Pages

Friday, February 22, 2013

Compulsively

Ziva: Today’s prompt is “compulsively” and I have no idea what to write. Is there something I do compulsively? I mean, I really don’t think I exhibit any compulsive or obsessive behavior. Do I?

M: Hmmm...

Ziva: Think about that really carefully before you answer.

M: Well, I wouldn’t exactly call checking your email every 30 seconds compulsive or obsessive. It’s pretty standard internet behavior these days.

Ziva: Uh-huh.

M: And you know, it’s pretty normal to get withdrawal symptoms when you’re away from your laptop for two hours, so I wouldn’t worry about that, either.

Ziva: Right.

M: Not to mention that thing you do, you know when you have to brush your teeth for EXACTLY two minutes? And how you ALWAYS have to save the tastiest bite of your food for last, and how I can’t load the dishwasher because you have a certain way of loading it that is right, and it’s the ONLY way. Yeah, that’s all pretty standard stuff.

Ziva: ...

M: And checking that you didn’t leave the stove on THREE TIMES before going to bed is just common sense, really. And I don’t mind running back to make sure the front door is really locked when we’re going somewhere and we’re already in the car.

Ziva: ...

M: And truly, checking for spiders every single time before you get into the car, in the middle of winter, in Finland, when the car’s in freezing temperatures all day long, every day, and all the spiders are either dead or hibernating, that’s just sensible self-preservation.

Ziva: ...

M: ...

Ziva: Well, that post wrote itself.



This post is part of Nicky and Mike’s 30 Minus 2 Days of Writing challenge. Today’s prompt is Compulsively. Go check out We Work For Cheese for a list of the other participants. *
Share/Bookmark

26 comments:

  1. So, do you set a timer for two minutes when you brush your teeth? Because I'd be really impressed if you have an internal two minute clock that tells you when you're done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Personally I don't see anything wrong with any of those things... especially the spiders!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Luckily, you're not alone, Reffie. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. M's my IT department, he should fix my flawed code, not whine about it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have an electric toothbrush that beeps every 30 seconds. Wonderful little thing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are a sensible and intelligent woman, Barb, I like you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like all your compulsions have been ruled normal. That's good news, especially if we see some of ourselves in there.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ahahahahahaha! It's good to know there aren't any neurotics living in Finland.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ha! That's the way I like my friends! BARKING MAD!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nope, none! Not even one. Certainly not me.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I feel oddly sad about being deemed "normal". I better develop some proper neuroses now. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. mikewjattoomanymorningsFebruary 24, 2013 at 10:04 AM

    I also check for spiders. I don't care how cold it is outside. Spiders thrive. LIfe finds a way. Death is just one bite away. I support your compulsion.

    Now, if you'll excuse me, I need to check my email.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm a sucker for sarcastic lovers' banter. M sounds like a funny guy. I hope you didn't smack him too hard after this conversation.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Death? Our spiders aren't poisonous. They're just seriously ugly.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Naah, I never smack him too hard. Unless he asks for it, of course.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh no. You're not compulsive at all!

    "And how you ALWAYS have to save the tastiest bite of your food for last,"

    OMG! I do that too!

    ReplyDelete
  17. It makes perfect sense to do it! What's the point of having tasty food if you can't savour the last bite and make it the tastiest ever.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Please tell me M understands how toilet tissue should be placed on the holder. If he does it backwards, I'm thinking divorce may be in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I am very happy to tell you that he does. He's very well trained, if I do say so myself. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Stop!!

This blog uses the Disqus comment system. If you see this message, please wait until you see the Disqus comment form or refresh your browser. Comments posted here will not show up on the blog.