Can you see the intelligence in his eyes? He’s done a lot of studying in his time. Just don’t trust him with a secret.
Today actually started on a bad note with a bunch of snow on the ground, just when I thought spring had finally decided to grace us with her presence. What a bitch. After that, today didn’t get much better when I realized I had only dreamt that the exam was over and I was actually going to have to go to school and take it all over again. Then I got to school and saw the questions and today got just a little bit worse.
For your pleasure, I’ve written down the questions:
1. Discuss the Charter based protection of human rights within the United Nations.
2. Civil and political rights compared with economic, social and cultural rights: Similarities and differences in the nature of these rights as well as their international supervision.
3. The legal significance of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights.
4. Provide a schematic comparison of the African regional human rights system with the Inter-American and European human rights systems with focus on substantive norms and monitoring mechanisms.
5. Discuss the issue of sexuality and children in the light of the Optional Protocol to the Convention on the Rights of the Child on the Sale of Children, Child Prostitution and Child Pornography.
Are you asleep yet? If not, did you know the answer to any of those? If you did, where the hell where you earlier today?? I spent almost four hours scratching my head, making shit up, swearing to myself and writing until my wrist bled. Here’s to hoping I passed.
After that, today actually did get a lot better. After a minute of after-exam related anxiety, I realized that there was nothing more I could do about the exam, and I was finally able to relax my poor overworked brain. M left for yet another karate camp and will be gone all weekend, and everyone knows what that means. More popcorn for me! I had no idea a bowl of popcorn could last this long. Oh, the things you learn when the boys are gone.
Then mom called and asked me how the exam went, and told me to relax and have a glass of wine. And I think I’m going to do just that. Because when mom tells you to do something, you do it. I'll be back tomorrow with something interesting and witty. Or not. I'm a lot like a marsupial in that way. *