Pages

Wednesday, September 4, 2013

30 Days of Photographs IV: Backwards

Welcome to Day 4 of Bob, kindly brought to you by yours truly and my very good friend, the wonderfully talented, and occasionally slightly grumpy, MikeWJ. If you're planning on participating in the challenge today, please reconsider.

If you're still here and still planning to participate, please link up at the bottom of the page, then check out the photos that the rest of our little group of misfits have posted.


Day 4: Backwards

Backwards. Don't we all sometimes wish we could go back in time? Get a do over?

I certainly do.

Right now, for example, I'm wishing I could rewind time about three weeks or so, to that moment when MikeWJ said, "Are you fucking kidding me? You know we're going to hate this, right? Fine, whatever. We'll do it. But don't come whining to me when you're too busy to take photos and comment every day.", when I asked him if we could host a photo challenge in September.
 









A quick reminder to those of you who have already lost their list and are struggling to remember what the upcoming prompts are, here's the list again:

1. Ice Cream
2. Illuminate
3. Soft
4. Backwards
5. Mushroom
6. Two Birds, One Stone
7. Seven
8. Texture
9. Disguise
10. Close-up
11. Girly
12. Tremor
13. Wrong
14. NSFW
15. China
16. Biblical
17. My Junk
18. Always
19. Never
20. Transparent
21. Anatomy
22. Frustration
23. Tolstoy
24. Carnival
25. Poison
26. Rising
27. NSEW
28. Lover
29. Circle
30. Happily Ever After *
Share/Bookmark

36 comments:

  1. Brilliant thinking & photo for this one, Ziva! While I'm 75% Luddite and rarely, if ever, remember the back button exists, this is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't have one of those keys on my keypad, so was cheated out of that idea ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. "I'm wishing I could rewind time about three weeks or so..."
    I think we all wish you could rewind time about three weeks or so. And you know it makes me crazy that you do that sharp-focus-in-one-spot-blurry-everywhere-else thing and I can't.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My wife is always telling me to turn down the volume on the remote but when I point it at her it doesn't seem to work.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Now I get it. I often miss the obvious. Great shot! It's really cool.
    I wish I could rewind the summer.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Evil Twin has worn out my backwards key. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Damn Evil Twin, always making trouble for you. Send her my way, I need a partner in crime.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Me, too, Lauren. Summer is always over before it even starts. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very good. You're an intelligent man, Agent 54.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Perhaps try a more hands on approach? Sometimes it helps if you grab it and give it a good shake, maybe bang it against the wall a few times. The remote, I mean, not your wife.

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's the camera, Nicky my love, always the camera.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have several keys like that on various remotes around the house. You could've just stopped by my place with your wonderful Canon.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks, Cheryl! This was a difficult one for me, I had no ideas and was just staring blankly at the TV. And the rest is history. ;)


    I've no idea what the #1 link was going, but right now, you're #1.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I have several remotes, but didn't think of that. My mind was a blank with this prompt, which actually comes easy to me! I would come over with my Canon, but it's too cold for me there ;)

    ReplyDelete
  15. "Don't we all sometimes wish we could go back in time? Get a do over?"

    Oh yes. If only!!

    Great shot, Ziva. I love your take on this theme!

    ReplyDelete
  16. While I was busy trying to think about an appropriate photo, that damn remote was in my hand. Duh. Duh. Double Duh. Way to go, smarty pants!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I have certainly longed at times for a rewind button.
    :-)
    Traci

    ReplyDelete
  18. mikewjattoomanymorningsSeptember 4, 2013 at 11:23 PM

    I told you so. Next time, listen to me. I know what I'm talking about. Sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  19. mikewjattoomanymorningsSeptember 4, 2013 at 11:25 PM

    So is winter. What's your point?

    ReplyDelete
  20. Listen to you?! Are you kidding me? If I listened to you we'd be in prison by now.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I bet we all have. Sadly, there are no do overs when it comes to time. :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hah! Sorry Malisa, I bet you just had a bit of bad luck while trying to think, it's not like you're stupid, or anything. Unlike MikeWJ.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Thanks, Meleah! When I figure out how to get that do over, I'll let you know. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  24. mikewjattoomanymorningsSeptember 5, 2013 at 12:52 AM

    Have you seen Women Behind Bars 13? Don't knock prison until you try it, I say.

    ReplyDelete
  25. I like how just that one button is in focus. I don't like that this is only day 4 though.

    ReplyDelete
  26. I LOVE pictures that have focus and "no focus" put together. You rocked this one.... I love how your eye finds the focus!

    ReplyDelete
  27. If the organizer doesn't want to go through with it...

    ReplyDelete
  28. ...she'll just be twice as bitchy.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Thanks, Katherine. I'm lucky enough to have seriously good equipment to make that focus and no focus thing work. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Stop!!

This blog uses the Disqus comment system. If you see this message, please wait until you see the Disqus comment form or refresh your browser. Comments posted here will not show up on the blog.