Pages

Monday, February 22, 2010

I (Probably) Don't Have Appendicitis

Yesterday morning, my body realized it was way too long since it saw the inside of an emergency room. It immediately tried to rectify this by giving me a fever. Add a fever of 102 to the stomach pain that still hasn’t gone away completely, and you get 5 more hours of fun emergency room experience. They tested me for everything, removed most of my blood and prodded my stomach until I felt like screaming. Luckily, the surgeon still didn’t think I have appendicitis, just some random infection that’s causing the fever and the elevated blood values. They wanted me to stay the night for observation, but I kindly declined the offer and went home so I could watch hockey all night.

And what good did that do me? Nothing. Russia did okay, Canada fell all over themselves when USA proved better, and Finland forgot everything they know about hockey and lost to their archenemy. Suddenly hockey doesn’t amuse me as much. And I feel a little like kicking a Swede.

Oh, and one more thing, I have a message for the weather: “Enough! I got the joke, it’s not funny anymore.” You know how they had to truck more snow in to Vancouver for the Olympics? We’re trucking snow away from our ski resorts. That’s how much snow we have. Enough, I say.

Also, I promise this was the last post about my stomach. Unless I have to go back again, of course, in which case I will surely once again try to bore you to death while trying to make you feel sorry for me. *
Share/Bookmark

2 comments:

  1. I'm really sorry about your stomach problems because nothing disrupts life more than stomach pain. (And it's not boring to hear about it.) I'm not really sorry about the US victory over Canada, though. We kicked their asses, and we're going to kick the Swede's asses, too.

    As for the snow, we're in the same position here. I drove about 7 hours in the snow and ice last night, getting home at 3 a.m. from Dallas. It sucked. Vancouver can have it all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mike - Thanks, Mike. This time I actually do feel better so hopefully I won't have to write about stomach pain ever again. And you better kick the Swede's asses since clearly the Finnish team wasn't up to the job. Fuckers.

    I would not have wanted to be you, driving for 7 hours in the snow and ice. I really don't mind driving in the snow, but I think 7 hours of it would make anyone crazy. I'm glad you made it home in one piece, though. :)

    ReplyDelete

Stop!!

This blog uses the Disqus comment system. If you see this message, please wait until you see the Disqus comment form or refresh your browser. Comments posted here will not show up on the blog.