Pages

Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Fall

Once again it's time for PJ's monthly photo blogging challenge. Is it just me, or does it seem like his challenge happens a lot more often than once a month? I think PJ uses some kind of black magic to make the month go by so fast.

I haven't taken a lot of photos this month, but nevertheless, I've tried to pick five that somehow represent Fall for me.

First, the colors of fall. I took these two photos in the beginning of the month when we still had some colorful leaves on the trees. Now they've all fallen, I'm afraid, and the trees are bare and ready for winter. Much like myself.



 


Next up, we have a party. Good food, a live band, and a captive audience. When darkness falls it's good to get out and have some fun, or the oppressive darkness of fall might get to you. Not to me, though, I love the darkest part of the year. It feels like home.



Fall also means it's time to get the car ready for winter. It took M and myself an hour to put the snow tires on the car, and we still have another car to deal with. I really think cars should have less tires.



Last, we have this old, broken rocking chair. Somehow it ended up under a tree at my parents' lake house.


Go check out PJ's blog for a list of the other participants.

*
Share/Bookmark

15 comments:

  1. Such beautiful colors. In all of them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the colors. That's too bad about the chair. I agree. Car shoes are a pain. They should be able to roll along on two diagonal feet, right? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooooo, I want that chair! Love the color! I also love that little leaf sticking its head up out of the rest. Rebel.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahhh, what a beautiful & colorful fall, nice shots!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You had me at "bare and ready for fall". Oh, ahem, very nice photos, Ziva. But then that's always what happens when you have a camera in your hands. Hope you and M are keeping well as we head into winter.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stay warm and do a lot of cuddling with your handsome husband. Marvelous photos by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Once again, your photos are beautiful! I love the second shot!

    ReplyDelete
  8. i love the shot of the blue chair, great colour contrast! wonderful photos!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Jay of The Depp EffectNovember 1, 2013 at 1:52 AM

    That second photo is spectacular! I love the low angle and the selective focus!


    Love the old blue chair too, though I hope it's not so broken that someone trying to sit in it would land on the floor!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like the images you chose for this challenge. The top two and the depth of field is fantastic. Especially the second one. The rocking chair, too. Really nice. As always, Ziva, you deliver!

    ReplyDelete
  11. My faves: the chair and the tires. And as discussed, I cannot get enough of the inter-dimensional portal about to swallow up the drummer :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I really liked your perspective of the second shot with the building in the background just peeking out from the tops of the leaves. Nicely done.

    ReplyDelete
  13. These are absolutely FANTASTIC.... the tire one especially... you have such a clever and artistic eye!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your photos are terrific. The second one down - with the yellow leaf standing proud of the pile and glowing in the sunshine - would make a perfect October photo for a Northern hemisphere calendar. Two thumbs up!!


    Winter tires (especially studded ones) are not the norm here in Calgary, but I also had winter tires put on my vehicle in October...would maybe do it myself, but don't think I could manage to hook up the tire pressure monitoring system that came with my vehicle and would go nuts if I "check tire pressure" lights and bells went off everytime I started the engine for the next 5 months.

    ReplyDelete
  15. OMYWORD!! These photos are absolutely fabulous!

    ReplyDelete

Stop!!

This blog uses the Disqus comment system. If you see this message, please wait until you see the Disqus comment form or refresh your browser. Comments posted here will not show up on the blog.