Pages

Monday, October 5, 2009

Stick a Fork in Me, I'm Done

Someone stole the front license plate off my car. They left me with the back plate and a sad and lonely car that looks like it’s been thoroughly violated. I can’t tell you how sick and tired I am of people constantly taking my stuff. I have barely had time to replace all my credit cards and diver’s license from when my wallet was stolen and now I had to start my week by trying to figure out how the hell you go about replacing a license plate.

Turns out all it takes is a couple trips to the DMV, one trip to the police station and 8 Euros. I’m trying to think of it as a useful experience, but frankly, I can’t really see the good in it. Except that now I can steal someone else’s plates and leave them a polite note telling them how to go about getting new plates. That would be pretty nice of me.

I’m also working at the hospital this week while trying to do my homework and make my deadline on Wednesday. And I didn’t sleep last night. Whenever I closed my eyes I saw detached license plates jumping around and begging me to reattach them. It was scary. What I am I trying to say, though, is that I am exhausted. And it’s only Monday. And my spinning class starts in an hour. Yuck.

Luckily I know this week will get so much better when I leave for New York City on Sunday! We’ve already decided that we’re going to go ice skating at the Rockefeller Center and do tons of other touristy stuff. And I’ll even get to see my friends from the grand old US of A. Someone could steal the freaking roof off my car and I’d still be too excited about the USA trip to care. Although, I bet getting a new roof for the car is a lot more of a hassle than getting a new license plate… *
Share/Bookmark

8 comments:

  1. Poor you :-( I really hope they don't read this as a challenge, because replacing the roof may sure be a bit troublesome.

    But I'm sure the trip at the end of the week will be most awesome :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Come to think of it, I think Steve would look awesome as a convertible. I can see it now: The wind in my hair, the car full of snow. Best idea ever!

    I wish you were coming with me to NY, sweetie. I'll bring you something nice, though. If I can afford something nice. Otherwise I'll just get you a mug with a picture of the Statue of Liberty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. yeeeyyeeyeeyeeeyeeee! NEW YOOOORK here we cooooooome!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. mmm...sorry about that ziva...somethimes I just get too excited about the trip..
    You know the kind of excited - you just vibrate and humm for awhile...

    ReplyDelete
  5. .....and Steve would look AWESOME without a roof...all our paper an shit flying around and leaving a trail...NICE! :P

    ReplyDelete
  6. Muschu - Umm, yeah... If you start vibrating and humming when you're around me, I'm just gonna back away slowly and call the asylum. But OMG we're gonna have so much fun!!

    And for the record, Steve is clean and tidy and would not leave a trail of paper and shit. Except of course all those little pieces of paper that you drew icky pictures of nasty germs on.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so fucking bummed that I am not going to get to see you.

    I hope you have a killer time in NYC babe! You deserve some fun!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks Sin! I know It'll be so much fun, but I'm really sad I won't get to see you. But you're coming to visit me over here next summer, right? You have to come, I'm counting on it.

    ReplyDelete

Stop!!

This blog uses the Disqus comment system. If you see this message, please wait until you see the Disqus comment form or refresh your browser. Comments posted here will not show up on the blog.